Police Beat: October 10, 2012

The+Easterner

Oct. 3
11:15 a.m.
Drug Violation
The smell of marijuana was reported on the 4th floor of Pearce Hall. Drug paraphernalia was found in a male students room. He was referred to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Oct. 4
2:00 p.m.
Drug violation
a female student called police for assistance after becoming disoriented from smoking too much marijuana. She was cited and released, and referred to OSRR .

4:54 p.m.
Agency Assist
EWU police assisted the Cheney Police Department with a shoplifter at Mitchells. A female non-student was arrested for 3rd degree theft.

7:30 p.m.
Malicious Mischief
A stall door in a women’s restroom in the JFK library was found broken off of it’s hinges. There are no suspects at this time.

Oct. 5
12:30 a.m.
Alcohol Violation
A male student on the 8th floor of Pearce Hall was reported when he was found sick and vomiting. The Cheney Fire department was called to assess his condition. He was referred to OSRR for underage drinking.

12:34 p.m.
Harrasment
A male and female student in Dryden hall were reported after verbally harassing one another. No arrests were made.

2:30 p.m.
Malicious Mischief
Graffiti was found in the men’s restroom on the 3rd floor of Dryden Hall. It was not gang related.

Oct. 6
1:01 a.m.
Alcohol Violation
A student on the 7th floor of Dressler Hall was reported after being found highly intoxicated and needing medical attention. The student was assessed by the Cheney Fire department and referred to OSRR.

Alcohol Violation
Two male students were cited with an MIP after being found with alcohol in the stands at Roos Field while watching the EWU football game.

Tip of the Week: Don’t drink if you aren’t 21! You can still party, just drink something non-alcoholic.