Letter to the Editor: Bookstore hours

opinion

Dear Editor,

Have you ever been studying for a test at night and suddenly realize you need a scrantron, green book or notebook for tomorrow? Then, after making your way through campus you see the lights in the bookstore are turned off and the door is locked. As fellow eastern students we too have experienced this problem.

Currently the bookstores hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., which is the time most students are in class or at work, making it hard for them to make it to the bookstore to get the supplies they need to be successful students. When students are unable to get the supplies they need, such as scantrons, green books and other test materials, their grades may suffer, or students would miss class in order to get necessary supplies from the bookstore.

In order to fix this problem, we propose keeping the book store open until 7 p.m. on weekdays, which is the same closing time as dining services in the PUB. This allows students who are getting done with work, class and the student dinner rush to be able to get the supplies they need to be successful students.

Sincerely,

Nicole L. Collin

Mariska K. Gramlow

Audrey L. Oswald

Megan M. Schlenker