Police Beat: November 7, 2012

Police Beat: November 7, 2012

Oct. 31
1:33 a.m.
Drug Violation
An officer noticed loud music and the smell of marijuana coming from a car in lot 16. Two males and one female student were contacted. The owner of the car admitted that the drugs found were his and he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

Nov. 1
1:04 p.m.
Theft
A student reported that his backpack containing an Xbox and a Bible had been stolen from the fourth floor lounge in Morrison Hall. He had accidentally left it after sleeping in the lounge. The student found the bag the next day.

10:00 p.m.
Malicious mischief
One male student was arrested for fighting with another male in the restroom on the second floor of the PUB. The aggressor initially fled but officers located him based on a vehicle description given by witnesses. Several items were broken in the bathroom. He was cited and released for malicious mischief.

Nov. 2
11:00 a.m.
Theft
A student left their backpack in an unlocked locker at the URC. It was missing when the student returned. EWU police are in the process of reviewing surveillance footage.

Nov. 3
1:50 a.m.
Alcohol violation
An officer on patrol noticed a male student carrying another person through lot 9. The person being carried was highly intoxicated. Both students were referred to the office of student rights and responsibilities.

2:24 a.m.
Minor in possession
A female student was reported after being found highly intoxicated in the main lobby of Morrison Hall. She was cited with an MIP.

2:26 a.m.
Theft
A female student reported that her iPhone had been stolen while she was at The Grove apartment complex. There are no suspects at this time.

1:45 p.m.
Alcohol violation
A security guard at the football game observed a male in the student section take a can of beer out of his pocket and open it. The student was cited for having an open container and was restricted from re-entering the game.

6:20 p.m.
Theft
A student left their wallet and keys in an unlocked locker at the pool. The items were missing when the student returned. There are no suspects at this time.

Nov. 4
1:47 a.m.
Alcohol violation
Four students on the fourth floor of Brewster Hall were contacted for having alcohol. One of the students was cited for furnishing alcohol to minors.

Tip of the Week: Don’t smoke things marked “not for human consumption” or “do not burn.”