ASEWU Student Health & Safety Services 2013 Candidates

studentHealthSafetyServicesBtn

StudentHealthSafetyServices

[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/90413379″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

Mohammed_Ahmed

Mohammed_Ahmed

Name: Mohammed Ahmed

Position: Student Health and Safety Services

Did not return for interview requests.

rule_v2

Brendan_Hargrave

Brendan_Hargrave

Name: Brendan Hargrave

What do you want to accomplish?
“I hope to accomplish, I want to make Eastern tobacco free. I want to make it into sections where they can smoke. … That’s my big thing and then everything else I don’t want to take ideas from myself because I’m just one opinion. I want to gather opinions from students and that’s what I want to make happen.”

Why did you decide to run?
“To be honest, in high school I was never really that guy that stood out and tried to lead things, and I decided if I wanted to do something, I would just do it myself. I look at things and think, ‘I wish that would change,’ like the tobacco thing. That’s my one agenda. I have nothing against people that smoke. I know a lot of people do, and I think, ‘If you want to smoke, you can smoke 20 feet that way.”

What do you want to change?
“The tobacco. Really, that’s the one thing. I was on a campus before this, I went to Everett Community College back home, and they have four or five little bungalows where people can smoke under cover, and the campus was super clean. Here, people don’t really use the ashtrays, and they’re just everywhere and it bugs me. I want to be a part of something, and I love Eastern. My family has gone here, and I want to be a part of it, really.”

rule_v2

Click here to see the Student Services race.

Click here to go to ASEWU voting page

The Easterner does not endorse any specific candidate for any position in the ASEWU. Candidates are presented alphabetically by position. Candidate statements have been edited in accordance with the Associated Press Stylebook to reflect the requirements of content in The Easterner. Names and positions for diversity outreach candidates Shanakia K. Porter and Doran J.D. Williams and student health and safety services candidate Muzit Kiflai provided by ASEWU Public Relations Specialist Frank McNeilly.