ASEWU Athletic Affairs & University Advancement 2013 Candidates

AthleticAffairsUnivAdvancementBtn

AthleticAffairsUniversityAdv

Kyle_Dodson

Kyle_Dodson

Name: Kyle Dodson

Position: Athletic Affairs

What do you want to accomplish?

“I hope to accomplish what the student body wants as a whole. I’m an advocate for the students, so I want to be what’s best for the students.”

Why did you decide to run?

“I always liked student government. I’ve never really been a part of one, so why not now? ‘Do something bigger than myself.’ That’s my personal motto.”

What do you want to change?

“I hope to change the students’ experience to something better. It’s just … to know at the end of the day the school is different because I have done some work.”

rule_v2

Robert_Johnson

Robert_Johnson

Name: Robert Johnson

Position: Athletic Affairs and University Advancement

What do you want to accomplish?

“Our student athletes are such an important part of our university. Everyone looks up to them and really values what they give to our university. They work so hard. Lots of people don’t realize they’re out there working hard year-round not just when we’re going to the games. I just want to make sure they’re being accommodated for, and they’re being led to success both on and off and the field, both academically and athletically.”

Why did you decide to run?

“I’ve been an athlete my entire life. I almost played college football, but I decided not to. … I want to be involved with the athletics in some way. My family are loyal alumni from Eastern, so I’ve always felt a connection to this school, so I want to get involved somehow, and I feel like running for Athletic Affairs with ASEWU is my way into that.”

rule_v2

Click here to see the Diversity outreach race.

Click here to go to ASEWU voting page

The Easterner does not endorse any specific candidate for any position in the ASEWU. Candidates are presented alphabetically by position. Candidate statements have been edited in accordance with the Associated Press Stylebook to reflect the requirements of content in The Easterner. Names and positions for diversity outreach candidates Shanakia K. Porter and Doran J.D. Williams and student health and safety services candidate Muzit Kiflai provided by ASEWU Public Relations Specialist Frank McNeilly.