Search Easterner Online
Archive: 2012-Current

Police Beat, April 24

By Linsey Garrison

staff writer

[email protected]

April 14

8:58 p.m.

Theft

A student reported that his or her bicycle had been stolen from the first floor of Morrison Hall. The bike lock was cut with bolt cutters. The bike is described as a blue Diamondback and was worth approximately $300. The bike had no serial number and there are currently no suspects.

April 15

5:37 p.m.

Agency assist

EWU police assisted the Cheney Police Department with a domestic violence situation in progress on Ninth Street. Yelling and screaming was reported, but officers found the argument to be verbal only and no arrests were made.

8:13 p.m.

Assault

A male student in Streeter Hall reported that he had been assaulted by a female student. She was not present at the time of the call and officers did not observe any injuries.

April 16

11:25 a.m.

Hit and run

A student reported that while their car had been parked in lot 15 someone had scraped it while parking. There are no suspects at this time.

1 p.m.

Collision

Two cars in lot 12 collided at approximately 15 mph. There were no injuries.

8:35 p.m.

Rescue

An Eagle Entertainment student employee was conducting a sound check in the sound booth in the PUB MPR when the lock on the door to the second floor became jammed. Officers brought in a ladder to get the student down over the railing.

April 18

10:30 a.m.

Welfare check

Cheney and EWU officers conducted a welfare check on a registered graduate student on Third Street. The student was found deceased, but there was no indication of foul play.

Easterner_Issue24_PoliceBeat
Illustrated by Vania Tauvela

April 19

8:30 a.m.

Fire

A fire in a dumpster was not properly put out the night before in lot 3 near the EWU Theatre. The dumpster contained a large amount of sawdust but no damage was found.

April 20

11:36 a.m.

Marijuana possession

An official from an Idaho school found a bag of marijuana in a school vehicle during the basketball shootout at EWU. Officers could not identify to whom the 3 gram bag belonged. There are no suspects at this time.