Search Easterner Online
Archive: 2012-Current

Police Beat, April 10

Police Beat, April 10

By Linsey Garrison

staff writer

[email protected]

March 25

Suspicious circumstances

Evidence of trespassing was found in an underground custodial tunnel. Chairs, foil and charcoal were found. There are no suspects at this time.

March 27

Vandalism

The letters “W” and “A” were broken off of an Eastern Washington University sign near the corner of Elm Street and C Street. The damage is estimated to be about $300.

March 28

3:05 a.m.

Agency assist

EWU police assisted the Cheney Police Department with a report of people on the roof at Cheney Trading Company. Five people, two of them students, were removed from the roof. No arrests were made.

March 30

Agency assist

EWU police assisted with a murder, suicide investigation at an apartment near Mitchell’s grocery store. An EWU officer held the scene until the Cheney Police Department arrived.

April 1

9:49 a.m.

Accident

Two vehicles collided in lot 3. A student was about to enter an intersection but slammed on the breaks because he saw a police car coming the other direction. The university vehicle behind him was not able to stop in time and damaged the other car’s bumper.

12:50 p.m.

Theft

A student left her purse and backpack in an unlocked locker at the URC. When she returned an hour later her wallet was missing. There are no suspects at this time.

6:15 p.m.

Theft

A student left his backpack in the PUB computer lab and when he returned the backpack was gone. The bag was later recovered from a trash can with an iPad missing.

April 2

10 a.m.

Voyeurism

A female student in Dressler Hall reported that while she had been showering the previous night, she heard a noise outside the stall. When she looked out she discovered an unknown male attempting to spy on her as well as steal some of her clothing and towel. The male student was identified by the shoes he was wearing as well as a statement made by another student, and was arrested for voyeurism.

April 3

Theft

A student reported that his or her bike seat had been stolen and had the brakes cut.

10 p.m.

False report

A female reported that she had been assaulted with a weapon in lot 12. Upon further investigation police found that she had made a false report.

April 5

7:56 a.m.

Theft

A student reported that his red and black genesis mountain bike had been stolen. The chain lock had been cut when the bike was stolen from LA Hall. The bike is estimated to be worth $240.

8 p.m.

Vandalism

Tagging was found on the back of the EWU surplus store. The marks were not gang related. There are no suspects at this time.

April 6

Possession

The strong odor of marijuana was reported on the sixth floor of Morrison Hall. Two male students were contacted and one was cited for possession of marijuana under 40 grams.