Police Beat Dec. 9

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Destruction of Property
Nov.28

Between noon and 2 p.m., a vehicle was vandalized in the Townhouse Apartments parking lot. The leather covering on top of the vehicle was cut and the windshield was cracked. The damages are estimated to be worth about $100. There are no witnesses or suspects.

Drug Violation
Nov. 28

Around 9:14 p.m., officers received a call from a CA in Dressler Hall about an odor of marijuana. The officer made contact with three students and one admitted to having marijuana in his vehicle. They were all under 21, so they were arrested and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Burglary
Nov. 30

Someone entered the Tawanka Mail Room and stole over $800, which was secured. The money was reported missing at 8:20 a.m. and it is currently under investigation.

Intimidation/Harassment
Dec. 1

A female student was receiving threatening messages from a male student over the social media dating app, Tinder. The male student was referred to Students Right and Responsibilities.

Trespass
Dec. 2

Just after midnight, a person was seen for possible trespass in snyamncut. Officers received a call that a person was seen trespassing before in this same location. The officers made contact with the male student and confirmed he was a previous trespasser. The student was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Alcohol Offense
Dec. 2

An officer was contacted about a female and male student being intoxicated in Morrison Hall. The female student had an alcohol level of 2.14. The Fire Department responded to her aide and decided she did not need to medical attention. Both students were issued MIPs and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Trespass
Dec. 2

A male student was criminally cited for trespassing around 6 a.m. in the construction zone around Anderson Hall. Officers confirmed this was not the first time the student has been trespassing in restricted zones. Officers gave him a criminal citation.

Simple Assault/Domestic Violence
Dec. 2

Around 5 p.m., officers responded to a call regarding a resident female student and male non student were fighting. Officers arrested the male for assault.

All other larceny
Dec. 2

A female student’s iPhone was stolen between 4 and 4:45 p.m. in the Field House when she was playing tennis. The student noticed some males come in and leave during that time. The iPhone is worth about $500.

Alcohol Offense
Dec. 3

An officer noticed a female appearing to be highly intoxicated at the football game. When the officer made contact, the female provided him with an EWU student ID card with the picture scratched off. The ID was not hers and she was criminally cited with an MIP.

All other larceny
Dec. 3

Christmas items were stolen off of a female student’s door in synamncut. The student stated she looked through the peephole on her door at about 11 p.m. and noticed people in the hallway talking. She opened her door and saw someone running towards the elevator. The items were worth around $20.