Police Beat, October 2

Police Beat, October 2
Police beat illustration issue 2
Sept. 29 – University police were assisting the Cheney police department in handling a domestic violence situation between a mother and daughter. The mother was taken into custody by the Cheney police department. Illustration by Jessie Corigliano

By Amye Ellsworth
Managing Editor
[email protected]

Sept. 26 – Paraphernalia
Police responded to a report of marijuana odor on the third floor of Pearce Hall. The two male students in the room had drug related paraphernalia, including a bong. They relinquished the paraphernalia and were cited for possession.

Sept. 26 – Alcohol violation
A student was arrested for driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.226. The student drove the vehicle off the road onto the path by Kingston and ran into a tree.

Sept. 27 – Collision
A bicyclist collided with a vehicle in a parking lot on campus. The bicyclist was not wearing a helmet and experienced minor injuries.

Sept. 27  – Fire alarm

Police were assisting a student who was moving out of a dorm room after a roommate dispute. The fire alarm was found to have been tampered with, and the roommate was arrested for tampering with the device. He was cited and released.

Sept. 27 – Vandalized property
A driver returned to their vehicle near Brewster and found a slashed tire. There are no suspects at this time.

Sept. 27 – Vandalized property
Police found a drawing on the exterior door and frame of an elevator in the art building. The drawing was done in green marker and read, “1K eleven.” There are no suspects at this time.

Sept. 29 – Domestic violence
University police were assisting the Cheney police department in handling a domestic violence situation between a mother and daughter. The mother was taken into custody by the Cheney police department.

Tip of the Week:
Skateboards and bicycles have to abide by the rules of the road, which includes yielding to cars, staying in the right lane and stopping at stop signs.