Search Easterner Online
Archive: 2012-Current

Police Beat for March 6, 2013

Illustration by Amy Meyer Feb. 24 – Agency assist An intoxicated male student was found passed out on the lawn of a church on North Sixth Street. EWU officers assisted the Cheney Police.
EWU police assisted Cheney police with an intoxicated male on the lawn of a Cheney church. Illustration by Amy Meyer.
EWU police assisted Cheney police with an intoxicated male on the lawn of a Cheney church. Illustration by Amy Meyer
By Linsey Garrison

staff writer

[email protected]

Feb. 24

10:10 a.m.

Agency assist

EWU officers assisted the Cheney Police when a male subject was found highly intoxicated and passed out on the lawn of a church on North Sixth Street.

9:50 p.m.

Marijuana violation

A male student in Streeter Hall was cited and released for possession of marijuana less than 40 grams.

Feb. 25

9 a.m.

Theft

A name sign in front of Showalter Hall was disassembled and stolen. Building employees did see a group of people carrying it away. Two more signs were also stolen from the Art building.

Feb. 26

9:30 p.m.

Marijuana violation

A male student in Louise Anderson Hall was reported for the odor of marijuana coming from his room. The student had a previous drug-related arrest but no drugs were found.

March 1

3:40 p.m.

Malicious mischief

Non-gang-related graffiti was found in a stairwell in Dryden Hall.

March 2

8:50 p.m.

Marijuana violation

Three male students were contacted in Pearce Hall regarding the odor of marijuana. One student was cited and released for possession of a controlled substance less than 40 grams.

11 p.m.

Marijuana violation

Two female students were contacted in Pearce Hall regarding the odor of marijuana. One student was cited and released for possession of a controlled substance less than 40 grams.

March 3

12:25 a.m.

Alcohol violation

One male and three female students in Pearce Hall were cited with an MIP. One student was transported to the hospital.

8:17 a.m.

Malicious mischief

Anti-Semitic graffiti was found near lot 12 on the water tower fence, a campus recreation bus, a challenge course Gator and in nearby dugouts.