Police Beat

By Mike Manning, Administrative Assistant

November 9

2:23 p.m.

Marijuana

The smell of marijuana was reported on the third floor of LA Hall. Officers responded and knocked on the door where the source of the smell was suspected. No one answered, and no contact was made.

November 9

4 p.m.

Theft

A student on the eighth floor of Pearce Hall purchased groceries totaling near $20. The student left the food in the community fridge, and it was later stolen. There are no current leads.

November 12

4 p.m.

Harassment

A male student in Morrison Hall reported observing a female student being harassed by another female through social media. Responders informed the male of the proceedings for filing anti-harassment.

November 13

4:33 p.m.

Hit and Run

A female pedestrian was walking in Lot 15 when she was struck by a gray four-door sedan. Upon hitting her, the driver rolled down the window, apologized and then left the scene. The victim was evaluated at Rockwood and had no life-threatening injuries. The suspect was said to be Asian with dark curly hair. There are no current suspects.

November 14

Alcohol

8 p.m.

A male student was found unconscious in a shower located in Dressler Hall. Found to be heavily intoxicated, he was transported for hospitalization. He has been referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

November 15

12:42 a.m.

Marijuana

The smell of marijuana was reported on the first floor of LA Hall. Officers responded and made contact with a female student who was of legal age. In accordance with campus policy, she was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.