EWU women’s hoops tie season low in defeat to Idaho State

Junior+forward+Uriah+Howard+pushes+off+on+an+Idaho+State+defender+in+EWU%27s+74-45+loss+on+Thursday.+The+loss+guaranteed+the+Eagles+the+No.+6+seed+in+the+upcoming+Big+Sky+Conference+Tournament.+

Junior forward Uriah Howard pushes off on an Idaho State defender in EWU's 74-45 loss on Thursday. The loss guaranteed the Eagles the No. 6 seed in the upcoming Big Sky Conference Tournament.

Bailey Monteith

Bailey Monteith

Bailey Monteith

By Drew Lawson, Reporter

The EWU women’s basketball team struggled offensively Thursday night, falling to Idaho State 74-45. The scoring output tied a season low for EWU (9-10, 10-18).

“We have to get more locked in and put this behind us quickly,” EWU head coach Wendy Schuller said. “We have to get back after it tomorrow and get ready for Saturday.”

EWU was led by senior guard Kapri Morrow, who had eight points and four rebounds. Senior forward Alissa Sealby added seven points and sophomore guard Brittany Klaman had six.

Coupled with Montana State’s victory over Sacramento State, the loss locked EWU into the No. 6 seed for next week’s Big Sky Conference Tournament. This is the first time since 2011 that EWU has failed to finish top five in the BSC regular season standings.

EWU has one regular season game remaining which comes Saturday, March 9 against last-place Weber State. The Eagles will play the Wildcats twice in a three day span, as they open the BSC Tournament on Monday against Weber, with both teams locked into their respective seeds. Tip-off for Saturday’s game is at 2:05 p.m. from Reese Court.