Finalists for Star Search talent contest announced

Eastern community will vote for winner to perform at EWU Libraries’ annual Oktoberfest

By Nicole Ruse, Editor-in-Chief

EWU Libraries announced the three finalists for their annual Star Search Talent Contest on Oct. 12.

The first finalist is Cameron Brow, a nursing major, whose talent is performing magic tricks.

“I perform because I love being able to give people that experience where it takes them out of their day-to-day and gives them that fraction of a second where they’ve witnessed the impossible and the world isn’t solid all the way through. I love that,” said Brow.

The second finalist is Khalid Alreshaid who performed an original song titled “Tell me Now” on acoustic guitar.

The third finalist is Jacob Wardell, a theatre major, whose talent is rapping and creating music.

The winner of the contest will be selected by the EWU community via Facebook. The video with the most ‘likes’ on the EWU Library Facebook page by 5 p.m. on Oct. 15 will be proclaimed the winner, according to the EWU Libraries official Facebook page.

The committee asked students to vote based on who “best exhibits talent, creativity, adherence to the theme of ‘reaching for the stars,’ and a positive representation of Eastern Washington University,” as said on their Facebook page.

The winner will win $500 and perform at the EWU Libraries’ annual Oktoberfest on Oct. 25 at JFK Library on the EWU Cheney campus. This year’s Oktoberfest theme is “Eastern Stampede.”