Police Beat Issue 20 Volume 67

By Mike Manning, Administrative Assistant

March 1, 10:17 p.m.
Marijuana
CAs reported the smell of marijuana on the fourth floor of Pearce Hall. Officers responded and also smelled the odor. After locating the room that was the source of the smell, officers knocked with no response. They later made contact with a female shortly after midnight, who reported to have not been smoking but visitors to her room were. She was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

March 3, 11:40 p.m.
Alcohol
There were reports of a severely intoxicated female in front of Morrison Hall with potential alcohol poisoning. She was on the ground in front of the entrance and vomiting. She was evaluated and drug paraphernalia was found in her possession. She was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

March 3, 3:36 a.m.
Sexual Assault
A sexual assault was reported in Morrison Hall. An arrest was made in regards to this report and it is still under investigation.

March 5, 9 a.m.
Destruction of Property
CAs in Streeter Hall discovered writing in black marker on several doors of the third through seventh floors. The writing included telephone numbers, drawings of male genitalia and offensive language. Estimated damage was totaled at $300. There are no current leads.

March 5, 9:39 p.m.
Alcohol
CAs in Streeter Hall reported potential drinking in a room on the third floor. Upon arrival the responding officer smelled alcohol and made contact with the occupants. There were three male students and one female student in the room, one of the male students was of legal age. All were intoxicated except for the female student. The male student of legal age was arrested for furnishing and the other two were arrested for minor in possession.

March 6, 1:43 a.m.
Alcohol
A male student in Streeter Hall reported a female student with potential alcohol poisoning. The male student failed to provide the exact location of the intoxicated female so responders spent some time locating her. Once found, she was evaluated and found to need hospitalization. She refused transportation from paramedics, but a friend transported her in their personal vehicle. She was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

March 6, 5:27 a.m.
Alcohol
A female on the fourth floor of snyamncut was reported severely intoxicated and vomiting in the bathroom. She was cleared by evaluation and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

March 6, 7:25 p.m.
Alcohol and Disorderly Conduct
Officers responded to a report made by the resident life coordinator of Streeter Hall. Students were reported throwing items out dorm room windows at passersby, including eggs, cookie dough, potatoes, pots and pans. Officers were able to locate the room the items were being thrown from. Four students were in the room, including the female student the room belonged to. The room was searched and alcohol bottles were discovered. The female who the room belonged to was arrested for minor in possession, and all students were referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities for disorderly conduct.