Police Beat

By Mike Manning, Administrative Assistant

November 1
1:45 a.m.
Destruction of Property
Letters on the EWU sign located on Fifth and C streets were pulled off and stolen. There are no leads or suspects.

November 2
10:30 a.m.
Intimidation
A student in Patterson Hall was reported for making comments about a professor found to be threatening. Following further investigation, no prosecution was made.

November 2
2:36 p.m.
Destruction of Property
It was reported that, following the football game on Oct. 31, a parking meter was pulled out of the ground in Lot 1. There are currently no leads or suspects.

November 3
12:41 a.m.
Marijuana
The smell of marijuana was reported coming from a room on the first floor of LA Hall. The student occupying the room consented to a search. He was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

November 6
11:54 p.m.
Marijuana
A CA in Pearce Hall discovered a video on Snapchat that of an e-cigarette being smoked by students on her floor. Following further investigation, it was discovered that the student was smoking oil infused with marijuana, an arrest was made.

November 7
1:50 a.m.
Alcohol Offense
A student was found returning to Morrison Hall heavily intoxicated, and she was arrested.

November 7
2:41 p.m.
Alcohol Offense
Staff-Pro workers saw a noticeably intoxicated student at the football game. As a result of contact with workers, the student became irate. Police involvement led to a can of beer being discovered in the student’s pocket. He was arrested.

November 7
5:45 p.m.
Alcohol Offense
Officers noticed an intoxicated student in the stands at the football game. An empty beer can was found near him and he was arrested.

November 7
5:15 p.m.
Motor Vehicle Theft
During the football game, a vehicle used by campus parking services was stolen in front of the Phase. The vehicle is a 2009 Club NEV. No current leads or suspects.

November 7
9:52 p.m.
Alcohol Offense
A large group of students was found to be drinking in a room of snyamncut. 11 were referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

November 8
2:05 a.m.
Marijuana
The smell of marijuana was reported on the second floor of LA Hall. Two students were arrested with misdemeanor charges.

November 8
4:18 p.m.
Marijuana
On the first floor of LA Hall the smell of marijuana was reported. Contact with a group of students was made, but no marijuana was located. Four students were referred to Students Rights and Responsibilities.

November 8
11:08 p.m.
Weapons Offense
In response to a fire alarm provoked by in-dorm smoking, a student’s room was searched. A spring-loaded knife was found in his possession and he was arrested.

November 8
11:41 p.m.
Marijuana
In response to the smell of Marijuana in LA Hall, a student was cited for possession. Another student involved was arrested for felony drug possession.