Editor’s Note:

The one about the redesign

Editors+Note%3A

By Eric Long, Editor-in-Chief

You hold in your hands the new age of EWU journalism. I am so excited to present this new layout to the EWU and surrounding communities. Some may notice this new layout is out later than I said before; as it turns out, overhauling the previous design took longer than I hoped. But this extra time made the transition so much easier and I am thankful to say it is done.

None of this could have happened without the brilliant mind of William Hayden. As a page designer last year, I was impressed with what he brought to The Easterner, so I asked him to come back to do the redesign.

He impressed me even more. Every idea he had made me more excited to present this to Eastern. Even through frustrations, he worked hard and he came through.
Each week our readers can look forward to great art and photos, extensive sports coverage, reviews, “What’s the Deal?!,” coverage of campus events and current news, and more—and it will all be packaged in a modern way that is fun to read.

I want this new layout to be something EWU can be proud of. When students pick this paper up, I want them to be proud it was produced at their school. If there is something The Easterner is not doing right, I encourage readers to voice their concerns. Write in or stop by the newsroom in 102 Isle Hall and talk with us. Help us be a great resource for Eastern. This is your paper, EWU; I hope you enjoy it and love it as much as my staff and I love putting it together each week.