Police Beat

By Claire Simpson, Copy Editor

Unknown date

Unknown time

Tampering with fire alarm

An intoxicated student was arrested for pulling a fire alarm in Dryden Hall.

May 19

1:36 p.m.

Assault

A resident of the Townhouse Apartments reported his half-sister had pushed him repeatedly while he was attempting to remove her from his residence. There was no arrest, but officers ensured she left the area.

May 19

9:30 p.m.

Burglary

A resident on the 10th floor of Pearce Hall reported that her Macbook Air and iPad 2 had been stolen from her room. She had only left for a brief amount of time, so the room was not locked. Though she would not give the name to the police, the resident suspects an individual she had argued with previously committed the burglary. The investigation is currently pending.

May 20

2 p.m.

Destruction of Property

When an owner returned to her truck parked in P12, she noticed white and blue/green pinstripes had been painted on it since she had parked it that morning. The paint spanned across all panels of the vehicle and the design looked like it had been done professionally. A greeting was written on the dirt on the passenger side door. There are no leads or suspects.

May 24

6:27 a.m.

Traffic Violation

An officer was dispatched to the Townhouse Apartments for suspicious circumstances when she noticed two cars leaving the area together. She stopped both to question them and run their licences. One of the drivers had a suspended license and was arrested.

May 24

5:55 p.m.

Theft

A resident of snyamncut Hall discovered his car had been “gone through” since he had parked in P13 on May 22. There was no damage and no signs of forced entry, but he claimed that a pair of black winter gloves had been taken from the driver’s side door pocket. The item is estimated to be worth $1.

May 25

2:08 a.m.

Alcohol

A fire alarm went off in the penthouse bathroom of Pearce Hall. When the students were gathered behind the building, a resident repeatedly approached an officer aggressively, while yelling and waving his arms. After determining he was intoxicated, a citation for minor in possession was issued to him.

May 25

12:25 p.m.

Theft

A black bicycle locked up outside Dryden Hall was stolen. There are no leads or suspects.