Police Beat

By Claire Simpson, Copy Editor

May 3

3:42 p.m.

Theft

A student left his possessions in a secured locker on the lower floor of the URC while exercising. Upon his return, he found that his wallet had been stolen from the locker. Someone turned it in at the main desk, but about $100 had been taken. There are cameras in the area, so the investigation is pending at this time.

May 7

7:50 p.m.

Traffic Violation

A police officer witnessed a Ford Focus cutting across P12 at a speed unsafe for a parking lot. He ran the driver’s licence and found that it was suspended in the third degree for parking tickets. The driver was cited and released.

May 9

5:14 a.m.

Burglary

A resident on the sixth floor of Morrison Hall returned to her unlocked room to find one of her possessions missing. It was a lei made from dollar bills that her brother had given her, estimated to contain $40.

May 10

11:53 a.m.

Burglary

It was reported that the metal gate blocking off the computer lab in the PUB had been tampered with overnight. Employees secured it as usual while locking up the night before and returned in the morning to find it forced up 1.5 inches from the floor. The investigation is still pending.

May 10

10:54 p.m.

Destruction of Property

A resident of Brewster Hall reported that her car in the attached parking lot had the glass of its driver-side mirror broken. There was no other damage, but it will cost $50 to replace the mirror. There are no leads or suspects.