Police Beat

By Claire Simpson, Copy Editor

March 15

11:41 p.m.

Marijuana

The smell of marijuana alerted CAs to a group of people gathered in a room on the sixth floor of Morrison Hall. The resident of the room was an underaged and had several previous encounters with the university police regarding marijuana. She refused to allow a search of the room and was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

March 17

8:42 a.m.

Collision

It was reported that a parking pole with a handicapped sign in P-10 had been hit. It was bent completely to the ground, and the damage is estimated to be worth $250. There are no leads or suspects.

March 19

11:13 a.m.

Malicious Mischief

A resident on the 11th floor of Pearce Hall was cleaning her room when she noticed several small holes in the wooden door as if pellets had been shot into it. She does not know who may have done it, so there are no leads or suspects.

March 19

2:48 p.m.

Theft

A student reported a gray mountain bike that had been stolen on March 16. There are no leads or suspects.

March 22

11:30 a.m.

Theft

Officers assisted the Cheney Police Department in investigating a theft at Mitchell’s Harvest Food.

March 22

7:43 a.m.

Alcohol

Two intoxicated students were found sitting with a car at the challenge course. One was underaged, so he was cited with a Minor in Possession, while the other was given a verbal warning.

March 25

8:29 a.m.

Malicious Mischief

The owner of a white Ford Ranger parked in P-13 found that all four of the tires had been slashed. It will cost $500 to replace them, but because the owner is aware of no grudges, there are no leads or suspects.