Eaglesync creates an online community for EWU campus organizations

By Shawntelle Moncy, Staff Writer

Since fall 2013, Eastern is utilizing EagleSync, a web-based system designed to help clubs and organizations on campus plan events and manage everyday operations.

According to Orgsync.com, EagleSync allows students to join, connect with and start student organizations.

Any Eastern student can sign in using their student ID and password, said Samantha Armstrong, adviser of Student Activities Involvement and Leadership (SAIL).

“We wanted a really user-friendly way for our clubs and organizations to connect to our office and for us to know in real time what’s going on, who’s involved [and] how can we help support,” said Armstrong.

EagleSync is not only a place to register clubs, events or organizations, it is also the source to approve any Eastern trips and meetings. To do this, a club or organization must request its activity and, depending on what the request includes, will then be sent to wherever it needs to provide the resources.

The process of any activity requests can be checked at all times on EagleSync.

“EagleSync is a good way to have all the events that are going on, on campus in one location,” said Mikey Cardinas, chairperson for Eagle Entertainment. “It has a lot of resources a lot of people have no idea about.”

According to Armstrong, EagleSync provides many other tools for users such as to-do lists, Google-synced calendars, forms for event planning, community service sign-ups, a free messaging service and access to e-portfolios and websites.

Along with being more time efficient and organized, using the web-based system instead of paper forms for requests is also a greener solution, said Armstrong.

The SAIL office has switched to no longer accepting paper forms; everything is now done through EagleSync.

Access to EagleSync is also available from Eastern’s Facebook page without login information.

“We wanted kind of a one-stop shop for involvement and opportunities outside the classroom for students,” said Armstrong.