Police Beat: April 21-27

A student was arrested for discharging a fire extinguisher under a doorway during a prank war.

By Amye Ellsworth, Managing Editor

April 21

1:15 a.m.

Malicious mischief

While conducting a safety check in Pearce Hall, a student told university police that a student in Lot 16 had become very upset due to locking his keys in his car. Police discovered damage done to two cars, neither of which were the student‘s, estimating $4,500 worth of damage. The student received a felony-level malicious mischief charge.

April 22

10:39 a.m.

Malicious mischief

The door to a secured conference room in Showalter Hall was ajar. The room contained sensitive documents, but after a search, nothing was discovered missing.

11:57 a.m.

Car accident

In the entrance to Lot 12, a delivery truck was backing up and hit the car behind it. The truck driver thought he had just hit a curb, so he drove away. To report the incident, the student in the car called the police, who tracked down the truck driver. The two drivers exchanged information.

April 24

10:30 a.m.

Sexual assault

Two females reported a sexual assault by the same male student. The female students did not want to file criminal charges, so the issue is being handled internally through the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.

8:12 p.m.

Theft

A white Marin Bear Valley bicycle, worth $930, was stolen from outside of Streeter Hall.

April 27

2:37 a.m.

Trespassing

An intoxicated student was banging on the backdoor to a house on Hillside Drive. The student had a blood alcohol level of 0.192 and was under 21 years of age. Police cited him, transported him to his residence in Eagle Point and released him.

3:57 a.m.

Prank war

A student was arrested for discharging a fire extinguisher under a doorway during a prank war with a neighbor.

6 p.m.

Trespassing

Police are looking for any information on a student who has been free climbing on snyamncut and Dryden Halls. This is considered both trespassing and reckless endangerment. The individual police are trying to find is a male with short, dark blond hair. He is between 5‘8” and 5‘10” and was last seen wearing khaki shorts, a black T-shirt and a black backpack. Anyone with information should contact the university police.