Easterner Asks: marijuana

How do you feel about marijuana as a student?

By Matt Pennell, Social Media Editor

Anna Ripp
Well I don’t use it. I don’t think it’s the worst thing. I think there are other ways that lower anxiety besides a drug even though it is legal. I usually find a hobby I enjoy that de-stresses me. I like to bake cakes.

Breyton Pearson, Freshman
If you’re smart enough to be able to use and still do good in school and be an active part of society, then I am good with it. My girlfriend has anxiety and one of her prescriptions is CBD and it has helped her more than anything.

Erik Ness, Sophomore
I’m not particularly one to do that, but I’m not against. If people want to do it, it’s their choice. I don’t think it hinders their performance at all. I’ve known people who struggle with anxiety, and they turn to marijuana for turning them down. For them, it works really well.

Izaiah Lillie, Freshman
I personally don’t do it, but as long as there is a need to use it it’s fine. I had a friend who used because of a spinal injury and it helped them relieve stress and pain, so for like uses like that it’s good.

Justine Clements, Freshman
I don’t think its a bad thing or a good thing. I think there are eventually going to be studies saying it affects the brain. As college students it isn’t the right thing to do. I think it will be negative because it affects the brain and the other organs in the body.

Michaela Bearchum, Junior
I personally don’t use it, but I don’t care if anyone else uses it. I am a biology major and it seems to prove effective for anxiety and depression. Definitely prescription drugs can help, but they are like band aids and you only want to use those for a small amount of time.