Easterner Asks: New Year’s resolutions

What is your New Year's resolution and why?

This opinion article is about the lack of healthy options in campus vending machines.

By Matt Pennell, Social Media Editor

McKayla Hartsock, Senior
My New Year’s resolution was to try new things, especially food-wise. I’m very picky about my food, mostly textures and things I didn’t like as a kid. I discovered I still don’t like avocados, but I am super into sushi now.

Bradley Poletski, Freshman
This New Year’s resolution is going to be reading 20 books and hopefully hiking and backpacking around Mt. Everest. I like getting outdoors.

Miah Shirley, Sophmore
In general it is just to be organized. This time going into the quarter I felt like I was prepared to start, so like that is one and checked that off. My house is clean and that really helps having all my possessions outside of school being organized.

Allen Smith, Junior
I want to be a better person in general. I want to be more kind and generous. That is kind of my resolution every year. Nobody’s perfect, but after high school I decided that was an area of my life I wanted to work on and improve in.

Ryan Webb, Senior
My New Year’s resolution is to kind of just keep working both school wise and job wise, so I can build up time and money. Then I can move to Japan and get a job, a real career.

Matthew Gentle, Junior
My New Year’s resolution is to lose a bit of weight. I’m a little overweight right now. I’m going to have to go the gym and eat a little bit better. It’s not going well so far.