Police Beat April 20

Gerald Maib for The Easterner

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Suspicious Circumstances
April 10

An EWU female employee reported her ex-husband, who she has not spoken to in several years, showed up to her work to talk to her. She then received a check in the mail from him, which she thought was odd. Officers gave her the option to return the check back to him. No further action was made.

Suspicious Circumstances
April 12

Officers responded to a report of a conflict between students. A female student said another female student slept in her bed, which she wasn’t happy about. The student said she was going to block the other female student’s phone number and that she did not want her to contact her further. They were both referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Driving While License Suspended
April 13

Around 9 a.m., an officer observed a non-student female looking at her cellphone while driving. When the officer made the stop, he discovered the female’s driver’s license had been suspended. She was issued a ticket and is required to appear in Cheney Court.

Residential Burglary
April 13

CAs in Dressler Hall were told by students that the east side entrance door had damage. When officers made contact with the locksmith in Dressler, they said it appeared to them that the door had been forced opened with a crowbar. Officers said it is possible someone was able to get in, but there were no reports on any other damaged or stolen property in the building. This investigation is still pending.