Police Beat November 17th

Police Beat November 17th

Gerald Maib

Gerald Maib

Gerald Maib

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Intimidation/Harassment

November 7

During class, a male student sat in another male student’s seat. They had an argument over it where officers responded and spoke with both the students and the professor. The students were referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Disturbance

November 7

An argument between two residents occurred in the EWU townhouses between a non-student male and a student female. Officers responded and noted it was a verbal argument over the male not picking up the kids. They were both referred to counseling.

Intimidation/Harassment/Domestic Violence

November 8

A male student was receiving threats from his ex-girlfriend who does not live in the area. The male student was referred to the Domestic Violence Advocacy Center and a protection order was put in place. This investigation has not been closed.

Drug Violation

November 9

CAs were doing rounds in Dressler Hall after midnight when they smelled marijuana on the second floor. Officers made contact with two residents who lived in the suspecting dorm. Officers did a search and did not locate any marijuana or paraphernalia in the dorm.

Assault

November 9

An assault occurred when a male student slapped a female student across the face. He instructed her to get his math quiz and she did not which resulted in the assault. There were witnesses that saw the assault occur. The male was arrested for fourth degree assault and cited into Cheney court.

Alcohol Violation

November 11

Officers responded to a call after midnight to a male student in Dressler Hall passed out and throwing up in a restroom on the fifth floor. The male was underage, so he received an MIP citation along with being referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Drug Violation

November 11

A 22-year-old student was found in a dorm room in Pearce Hall on the seventh floor in possession of marijuana. He was instructed that he could not have a federally illegal drug on campus and it was confiscated and taken to EWU Police Department. The student was referred to Students Rights and Responsibilities and told he could pick up his marijuana from the police station.

Harassment

November 11

A female student was receiving threatening messages from her ex-husband who is not a student. She was referred to the Domestic Advocacy Center and the investigation is still open.

Motor Vehicle Theft

November 12

A 2013 Ford Focus was stolen from the EWU townhouses between the hours of 7:30 p.m. Nov. 11 to 10:00 a.m. Nov. 12. The license plate number is BBG6225. There was a resident that witnessed the car not being in the parking lot at 11:30 p.m. The car has currently not been found.

Alcohol Violation

November 12

During Saturday’s football game, a female student was highly intoxicated in the lower restroom area. She ended up falling when officers caught sight of her. The female was cited with an MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities. She was also instructed she could not get back into the game.

Alcohol Violation

November 12

Someone from the crowd in last Saturday’s football game called officers regarding a very intoxicated male student. Officers made contact, cited the male with an MIP and referred him to Student Rights and Responsibilities. He had a sober driver to take him home for the evening.  

Trespass

November 13

A male and a female, the female being an EWU alumna, were spotted on top of the URC roof. They had to climb over a razor wire fence to get to the roof. Officers made contact and cited them with second degree trespassing.

Drug Violation

November 13

After a fight broke out near Zips, an officer spotted a male running from the scene. He was patted down and had a backpack on. The male admitted to having controlled substances which were marijuana and a high amount of Xanax. Officers charged him with a felony and he was booked into Spokane County Jail.

Theft

November 14

A male student kept his bicycle outside of Pearce Hall on Nov. 13 to 14 and realized it was stolen. The bicycle is a specialized green hardtail valued at $500. The investigation is still open and the bicycle has currently not been found.

Tip from Sergeant Hill: There has been an increase in the Spokane area of car theft. Contact EWU Police Department as soon as you notice your car has been stolen.