Police Beat November 10th

Gerald+Maib

Gerald Maib

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Sexual Assault

October 30

Over the Halloween weekend a female student reported she was sexually assaulted by male student. The male student was arrested for assault in the 4th degree with sexual motivation and cited and charged into Cheney court.

Drug Violation

October 31

Officers responded to a call from CA’s in Pearce Hall that an odor of marijuana was coming from the 7th floor. Officers made contact with the student who was arrested and cited into Cheney court along with a referral to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Theft

October 31

A male student locked up his bike on the south side of Pearce Hall when visiting a friend. After being in the resident hall for about four hours he came outside to see that his Blue Kona Mountain bike was gone. There are currently no witnesses.

Burglary

November 2

A female student’s EWU ID card was stolen from her dorm room in snyamncut. Officers began their investigation and tracked when the card was last used which was traced back to the suspect being a male student. The student was arrested and charged with two counts of residential burglary and two counts of theft. He was booked into Spokane County Jail.

Harassment

November 4

A female student reported her ex-boyfriend to be harassing her. She provided officers evidence of continuing text messages and phone calls. The male is not a student and it is still undergoing an investigation.

Liquor Violation

November 5

Officers responded to a call of an intoxicated male in Pearce Hall around 1 a.m. The male student was contacted on the 6th floor and was arrested with an MIP by consumption and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Drug Violation

November 5

An officer pulled over a vehicle around 1 p.m. and when the officer approached the car their was a strong odor of marijuana. The car was searched in which the officer found marijuana and paraphernalia. The male was arrested with an MIP.

Drug Violation

November 7

While CA’s in Pearce Hall were making their rounds they noticed an odor of marijuana coming from one of the dorm rooms. Officers made contact with a student on 6th floor who appeared to have marijuana in their possession. The student was arrested with an MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.