Police Beat November 3rd

Gerald Maib

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Trespass

October 26th

Officers received multiple calls from students in the Theater Building reporting an unrecognized male showering in the bathrooms. Officers patrolled in the building and eventually made contact with the male, who is a resident of Cheney, and instructed him to him could not come back into the building. Officers could not make an arrest because when the male was contacted it was during the Theater Buildings open hours.

Burglary

Gerald Maib

October 27th

A female student noticed her laptop was missing in her dorm room in Streeter Hall. The suspect entered and remained  in her room when stealing her HP laptop valued at $500. There were no witnesses.

Theft

October 27th

A male student’s laptop was stolen in the Computer and Engineering Building when he left it in the computer lab for about 30 minutes. The student returned and his laptop was gone. It is a Dell valued at $1,200.

Drug Violation

October 28th

Cadets were doing their safety check in Pearce Hall when they noticed an odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room. The male student was contacted and cited for possession of marijuana while being under age. He was sent to Student Rights and Responsibilities and cited into Cheney Court.

Liquor Violation

October 29th

While an officer was driving down Elm street he noticed a parked car with the front passenger door slightly opened. When he approached the car he found a female student with the strong smell of alcohol. The student was under age and cited with an MIP.

Liquor Violation

October 29th

CA’s in Dressler Hall made a medical call for a male who was injured with bleeding from his face and knee. The Fire Department arrived and the student appeared to be highly intoxicated, not being able to remember what happened or where he was. The student was referred to Students Rights and Responsibilities and cited with an MIP.

Liquor Violation

October 29th

A group of three students were spotted by officers on Roos Field appearing to be intoxicated. Officers made contact with the students and made an arrest being one of the them was under age. The male student was cited with an MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Liquor Violation

October 29th

An officer responded to a call about a male, non student, being intoxicated during the football game at Roos Field. The officers made contacted with the male who had an alcohol level above the legal limit. He was cited with an MIP, referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities and escorted out of the game and instructed not to return.

Liquor Violation

October 29th

An intoxicated male student was threatening to hit other residents in Morrison Hall. The student was charged with an MIP and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities. None of the residents wanted to press charges.

Sexual Assault

October 30th

A male student was arrested and charged with 4th degree assault with sexual motivation in snyamncut. The student was charged through Cheney Court and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.