Police Beat October 20th

Gerald Maib

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Drug Violation

October 9

CAs smelled a marijuana odor coming from the 7th floor of Pearce Hall. Officers were contacted and determined which room the odor was coming from. They knocked on the door, but nobody was there. They were able to make contact with the student and gain a search warrant. There was a large amount of marijuana in the room along with two Florida fake IDs. The resident and other student were arrested and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Malicious Mischief

October 9

In Parking Lot 16, a witness noticed a vehicle was damaged at 2:30 p.m. Officers arrived at the scene and noticed the rear window smashed out. They were able to make contact with the owner of the vehicle who confirmed that there were no items that appeared to be stolen.

Malicious Mischief

October 10

An officer was flagged down after a student’s vehicle had a large hole smashed out of the rear window. The student parked their car on the corner of Elm and Washington Court when he noticed around 10:25 a.m. the damage. There did not appear to be anything stolen.

Alcohol Violation

October 15

A CA from Brewster Hall found a wallet on F Street which was given to campus officers. When the officers made contact with owner of the wallet, the student arrived to pick it up while being intoxicated. She was arrested for minor in possession by consumption and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Malicious Mischief

October 15

A student returned to her car around 5:01 p.m. to find her vehicle damaged and appearing to be broken into. Officers arrived at the scene in Parking Lot 11. The student said it appeared her CD player was stolen from her vehicle.

Malicious Mischief

October 17

Around 8 a.m. officers were contacted because of written profanity on the outside of a professor’s door in the science building. It appears to have happened over the weekend and there are no witnesses or suspects.