Police Beat October 13th

Gerald Maib for The Easterner

By Kristi Lucchetta, News Editor

Drug Violation

October 3rd

CAs noticed an odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room in Streeter Hall around 11:30 p.m. The male student was contacted and found using a vape pen with marijuana oil. The student was under 21 years old and arrested for possession of marijuana under 40 grams and paraphernalia.

Drug Violation

October 3rd

A package arrived at Brewster Hall containing marijuana. The female recipient had her room searched where police officers found marijuana in her possession. The student was arrested and referred to Students Right and Responsibilities.

Drug Violation

October 4th

CAs in synamncut noticed a strong odor of what smelled like “fresh marijuana” coming from a dorm room around 2:42 p.m. When police arrived the suspect had left. The student was referred to Students Rights and Responsibilities.

Theft

October 6th

A wallet was stolen after a student left their wallet on a table in the CEB building, Room 102 between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. There are currently no suspects or witnesses but if any of the cards are used, the suspect will be charged with a felony.

Destruction of property

October 6th

A female student returned to her parked vehicle to find dents and scratches along the driver side around 2 p.m. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Drug Violation

October 8th

A CA smelled an odor of marijuana coming from a dorm room in Morrison Hall. The police arrived, and did not find any marijuana or paraphernalia but the male student did appear to be under the influence. The student was referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Liquor Violation

October 8th

CAs were notified from a third party that there were students consuming alcohol in a Pearce Hall dorm room and throwing up. Five students were arrested and referred to Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Fondling/Burglary

October 9th

A female student was sexually assaulted between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. in Dressler Hall. The suspect was arrested and transported to Spokane County Jail. The suspect is a male student and was charged with indecent liberties and residential burglary.