Police Beat September 29th

By Kristi Luchetta, News Editor

Malicious Mischief
September 18th

A male student’s back bicycle tire was damaged outside of Reese Court. Officers responded to the report a couple days following the crime but have currently not found the suspect. The suspect, if found, will be charged with a Malicious Mischief in the 3rd degree.

Alcohol
September 20th

Officers responded to a call from a CA in snyamncut Hall who reported an underage female student stumbling into the building at 12:05 a.m. Officers arrested the student for minor in possession and referred her to Students Rights and Responsibilities.

Hit and Run
September 22nd

While an officer was parked in Lot 3, he witnessed a female student hit a parked car and flee the scene without doing the required steps. The officer pursued the student with a criminal arrest.

Alcohol
September 22nd

A female student was found intoxicated in a Dressler Hall bathroom at 11:42 p.m. Officers charged her with a minor in possession and cited her into The City of Cheney court.

Alcohol
September 23rd

Officers responded to a call from CA’s in Morrison Hall reporting a male student who appeared to be highly intoxicated. The student received a warning from CA’s earlier in the night and when they later saw him, he appeared to be heavily intoxicated. Officers were then contacted and the student was charged with a minor in possession.

Alcohol
September 23rd

Officers responded to a medical call from a possible liquor violation occurring in Dressler Hall at 12:40 a.m. A female student was found to be intoxicated and was then arrested for minor in possession.

Motor Vehicle Theft
September 25th

An officer’s vehicle was broken into behind the Red Barn. A firearm was stolen and the car appeared to be rifled through. The theft occurred between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. The weapon was entered into the national database as stolen and is pending investigation.

Sexual Assault
September 25th

A female student reported to be sexually assaulted in her room in Pearce Hall and the suspect has been identified.

Anyone who has any information on a pending investigation please call EWU Police Department at (509)359-7676 or the Anonymous Tip Line at (509)359-4286.