Caffeine addicts can still get their fix this fall

Photo by Ryan Arnold

By Ryan Arnold, contributing writer

EWU students no longer need to worry about losing popular coffee shop Thomas Hammer after the PUB renovation jeopardized the existence of the vendor on campus.

Thomas Hammer will be relocated to the JFK Library, which will alleviate stress to those caffeine addicts who love what Thomas Hammer has to offer.

Allison Grimes, the store manager at Thomas Hammer, is pleased to announce that with the store relocation there will be great differences in what is offered. With these changes there will still be the chill vibe that Thomas Hammer is known for.

Grimes was not directly involved with the process of moving, but was informed along the way as the decision to move Thomas Hammer came into reality. “Thomas Hammer [owner], Janet Williams [vice president] met with Mary Voves [vice president for business and finance] to discuss the relocation of the store.” Grimes said It was to our great pleasure that the store was approved to move to JFK come fall of 2016. Although the current store will be closing on May 26, rest assured that store will surface again with the different location come fall term.”

Grimes was not directly involved with the process of moving, but was informed along the way as the decision to move Thomas Hammer came into reality. “[Owner] Thomas Hammer [and Vice President] Janet Williams met with [Vice President for Business and Finance] Mary Voves to discuss the relocation of the store,” said Grimes.

“It was to our great pleasure that the store was approved to move to JFK come fall of 2016. Although the current store will be closing on May 26, rest assured that store will surface again with the different location come fall term.”

“Don’t want to get hopes up but there is a chance for extended hours and a potential for openings on the weekends. This will allow Thomas Hammer to better service its valued customers and help EWU students during busy school terms,” Grimes said.

EWU senior Halee Reeves frequents Thomas Hammer often and was sad to hear the news of the store’s supposed closing. Reeves is graduating in June but will return to the nest as a graduate Eagle come fall term and relies on Thomas Hammer as her fix for pick-me-ups. “I do not know how much money I spent on coffee throughout my journey at EWU, but I have a feeling it is a lot. I’m incredibly happy that Thomas Hammer will be returning to EWU’s campus and am excited for graduate school come fall,” Reeves said.